To keep proper monitoring of our health, we should have a personal fitness tracker that will help us to maintain our health level. It helps us in many ways to monitor our health activities.
It is a helpful idea that working on a health target should have a health tracker to help reach our goal.
There are many advanced techniques available to make a perfect fitness tracker; we will help you to make a fitness tracker with advanced features in simple steps.
What do I need to make a fitness tracker?
You will need four Arduino board parts, Bluetooth modules, accelerometer sensors, and a battery. We will recommend using a lithium-based battery for the battery, which will give better performance than other batteries.
You will also need the android app, which should have the following features: Bluetooth manager, android user interface, and background services.
What are the steps to make a fitness tracker?
For making a perfect health tracker for tracking your health activities, follow the below simple steps.
- In the first step, you should define the purpose for which you will make a fitness tracker. You will also need to define in what situations you will monitor health activities. In that step, you will also need to plan what kind of data you will need and the environment you will use your fitness tracker.
- After that, consider how you will track the data and what type of sensors you will use to sense the activities. The common using sensors are blood pressure and heart rate sensors in the fitness trackers, but you can change and go with any of the required sensors according to your requirements.
- Now arrange the rules such as the algorithm for the tracker to use these sensors in the trackers. An algorithm is essential in the fitness tracker to cover the right health activities and providing accurate results.
- Now fit the battery, accelerometer, sensors on the Arduino board, but make sure you have properly arranged them as recommended by the manufacturers.
- Now check the health tracker, make sure it is charged properly, arrange a charger for it, and check the battery charging. Then check the sensors and other electrical components.
- It is better to use it and verify that it is working properly according to your requirements.
- Now attach the wrist band, which you can use clip-based or simple to wear the health tracker on your wrist.
- There are many options for you to use your prepared fitness tracker; you can connect it with your android phone by using the Bluetooth function and monitor all of your activity on the mobile phone by connecting it with your health tracker.
Final Thoughts: A fitness tracker is not a simple device used for health activities; you can use it for many other purposes. Health trackers with more features are costly to buy, but you can save some money by making your fitness tracker. You can add plenty of features to your prepared fitness tracker to get more benefits.