An electric heater is the most important tool in colder countries or winter months. It heats and provides the room more comfortable. There are many types of heater. These are regular companions of our life. Sometimes, the appliance can stop working for several reasons.
When it happens, firstly you should find the problem. Then you can take a suitable solution for this. There are some certain problems with the heater. Here are some reasons and solutions; what does it mean when your heater doesn’t work. Want to get more info? Read this article carefully.
Some Certain Problems And Solutions For The Heater
1. Check the Power: The common problem for the electric heater is power supply. Sometimes powers cannot supply properly. So you should ensure proper power from the main supply.
Then you can check the power switch which working properly or not. If the switch does not work, then you will repair it.
2. Auto Safety Shut Off: Electric heater does not work due to the auto safety shut off feature. When the heater is too hot, the auto shut off feature is safe for the device. Sometimes, the heater may not work properly for this feature.
So, you need to reset the feature by moving the power switch to the off position. Then you unplug the device till the device is getting cool down. Then you can plug and turn the switch within 10-15 minutes.
3. Blown Fuses: Blown fuses are the most common reason for not working the heater. Firstly you will unplug the device. Then you need to check the fuse box of the house. If it is a fuse, you need to replace it. Then, you plug the device switch on.
4. Problem with the Electric Cord: Another problem with the electric heater not working can be with the electric cord. An electric cord may stop working. It turns the efficiency of the heater.
You can observe the cord for any break.
5. Observe the Thermostat: Electric heater is not working due to the problem with the thermostat. The thermostat may be stuck, gone loose, and become faulty. You can check the thermostat. Then you see which level it is set at.
If it is a low temperature and an off position, you will try to turn on its high level. Then it would be best if you observed that the thermostat is working. You always see the thermostat that doesn’t stop working due to the auto safety shut off feature.
If the thermostat stuck, loose, became faulty, the thermostat may not provide enough heat. You should check the thermostat regularly, and you can replace it.
6. Problem with the Heating Element: The most important reason for the electric heater not working is the heating element gone badly. You need to check the heating elements continuously. You need to unplug and turn off your heater from the power switch.
Then you can set a multi-meter. The heating element is fine when the meter shows high resistance. The meter shows an infinity reading, which means there is a problem with the heating element.
Moreover, the element is broken. For this problem, you need to replace the element. You also ensure the same size, shape.
Now you can realize what does it mean when your heater doesn’t work. I hope this article will be effective and helpful for better using the electric heater.