The people who are want to control their diabetes might not focus on their feet. If someone has type 2 diabetes, then that person can get his/her nerves damaged. A diabetic person is more likely to develop painful feet problems, and if you also have got nerve damage problem, then there are chances that you will feel foot numbness many times.
Sometimes, you may not even feel cuts or wounds on your feet, and this is a severe issue which can’t be left untreated. If you take good care of your feet, then you can prevent yourself from facing any amputation risks. At foot-doctor.org you can learn about some of the best foot care tips for type 2 diabetes:
- If you maintain your blood sugar levels, then there are fewer chances that you will face the foot problems. The people who have type-2 diabetes are more prone to feet amputation, and that’s why you need to maintain your sugar levels.
- Make sure that you examine your feet every day to check puncture, cut, sores, and irritated spots. If you haven’t felt these wounds and cuts, then there might be a possibility that you are suffering from foot numbness.
- If the wounds on your feet don’t get heal properly, then you should seek medical help. The doctor can help you to get the best treatment for your feet, and that’s why you shouldn’t think before taking the advice of the doctor.
- If you stay physically active, then there will be proper blood flow in your feet, and this will automatically improve the feet health. Make sure that you select your shoes and socks wisely to avoid any issues. Ensure that you don’t go barefoot anywhere even at your home.
- You should wash your feet every day without skipping. Even if your feet are dry and covered all the time, you should be them daily, and then you can pat dry them. When you are washing your feet, you can also notice if there will be any wounds or cuts.
- When you have washed your feet, you should moisturize them by using soothing lotion or natural oil. You can also consult the doctor before using anything on your feet. Ensure that the cream gets absorbed in your feet properly.
- You should trim your nails regularly, and you can also go for the professional pedicure if you can’t do it on your own. You can tell the salon expert that you have diabetes, and he/she will ensure that they use safe tools for a pedicure session.
- People suffering from nerve damage should avoid going out in extreme cold and hot temperatures. In winters, you should wear woolen socks and shoes, and during summers, you should wear footwear with proper air flow and keeping them covered.
So, these are some most straightforward tips to take care of your feet if you have type-2 diabetes. You should also get examined by the doctor even if there are no blisters and sores because the doctor can help you to find out even the minor feet issues.