It is natural when one gets aged and needs the care to do all their basic works.some elderly peoples couldn’t be given full time care such peoples can be sent to homes. Before deciding the place we must be clear about it and which suits them.there are two types of homes as elderly people need. Nursing home and residential home.
There is only a mild difference when comparing a nursing home and residential home. But in both the cases the elders are taken care in a place where they cant be given individual attention and care.
• Nursing homes are for peoples who cannot be provided with long time medical treatment at home
• The set up of the nursing home is more like a hospital
• The people who need specialized care after surgery,physical illness,and those who need someone to take care of them in all needs
• The nursing home has 24 hours of a medical and nursing facility.
• They have separate beds for each people there
• People in the nursing home can stay until they are recovered
• They are given different treatment.they even provide speech therapy and occupational therapy
• People who doest like to be hospital surroundings can opt for the nursing home
• They provide treatment with a home feel
• The nursing home provides treatment to elderly people with love and affection
• In the nursing home, they provide all basic help such as moving of bed making them move
• Nursing home are not only ment for elders but all age group peoples
• The nursing home has all the facility such as the emergency room, operation facility, and ward facility
• They offer you even a separate ward or a joint ward as per your need
• Residential homes are for the group of elder peoples who lives together
• They are taken care by the caretaker of the residential house
• Elderly people who cannot be taken care at home and doesn’t have anyone to look after stay in the residential house
• They provide food and special care
• The residential house doesn’t have medical superviers with them
• In case of any medical services need they call out for a medical supervisor
• The residential home provides more of a homestay feel
• The service will be provided for food and any help only if needed
• They also provide laundry service
• Fun activities are conducted among the elders in the residential home
• Residential service is the only meant for elderly peoples
• They are taken out for trips,and given basic exercise and yoga trainings to engage them regularly
• They can choose the place as per the price. Even semi to high luxurious residential houses are available
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHILE CHOOSING
While seceting a residential home or nursing home you need to get more info about it. Making sure all the facilities are available as per the person’s needs. Whether the staff members take good care of the elderly people and they must be provided with basic help and neds.no abusing of the people should be carried out.making clear clarifications of permission,securiyty sevices, and licence of the place. Reading clearly the terms and conditions that suit them.