As the Fourth of July falls on a Sunday in 2020, the day of observance is the following Monday, July 5. Many cities around the San Francisco Bay in California will celebrate the birthday of the nation with firework shows.
San Francisco Firework Displays on July 4, 2020
- Fourth of July Waterfront Celebration at Pier 39. Free admission. Live band performances, Tainted Love and street performers from 3 p.m. until the fireworks at 9:30 pm.
- Fourth of July Fireworks Cruise with Blue&Gold Fleet on Sunday, July 4, 2020. The first Cruise sets sail at 8pm from Pier 41. A non-alcoholic cruise sets sail at 8:15 pm from Pier 39. Tickets are available for purchase online or at he Blue&Gold Fleet Box Office at Pier 39.
View San Francisco Fireworks from Vista Points: Twin Peaks, Marin Headlands, Treasure Island
Twin Peaks in San Francisco and the Marin Headlands are preferred locations to view the fireworks over the city. It is important to arrive early on Twin Peaks, as it gets very crowded. For a spectacular viewing of the San Francisco fireworks people go to Treasure Island. It is crucial to allow for enough travel time. The traffic in and out of the city before and after fireworks is heavy, find more about this.
Fourth of July 2020 Fireworks in Berkeley
- Berkeley: 4th of July Celebration at Berkeley Marina from noon-9:30pm with live entertainment, arts and crafts, boat rides. Alcohol-free event. Fireworks at 9:30pm off the end of the Berkeley Pier.
- Oakland: Family Fun on the 4th at Jack London Square. Petting Zoo, Stilt Walking, Kinetic Art’s Youth Circus Troupe, Farmer’s Market, Kayak Rental. No fireworks this year.
Fourth of July, 2020 Fireworks on the Peninsula
- Foster City: Fourth of July Celebration at Leo J.Ryan Park, Pancake breakfast, family parade, arts and crafts, barbecue, games, concert and fireworks show over the lagoon. 8am – 9:45pm. Fireworks start 9:30pm sharp.
- Mountain View: San Francisco Symphony Fireworks Show at Shoreline Amphitheatre at 8 pm. Full concert followed by fireworks. Many people camp out on in Shoreline Park right behind Google Headquarters to view the fireworks if they don’t have tickets for the concert.
- Cupertino: 4th of July Celebration – All Day Sunday July 4, 2020. 7am – 9:30am Breakfast at the Quinlan Community Center, 10am Parade with family concert to follow, 6:45pm musical entertainment at Creekside Park, Hyde Middle School or Sedgwick Elementary. Fireworks begin at 9:30pm
- Santa Clara: All day Fourth of July Celebration in Central Park at Kiely and Homestead followed by fireworks at 9:30pm. Activities include morning pancake breakfast and live music by “Crossman Connection” (Country Rock) at 12:30 p.m. The “Hitman” (Dance Party Machine) will perform at 3:00 p.m.
July 4, 2020 Firework Shows in San Jose and Santa Cruz
- San Jose: San Jose Independence Day Fireworks Celebration in San Jose Municipal Stadium, 95.3 KRTY’S All-American Country Jam – concert featuring Country Music Artist Chris Cagle and a performance by Ash Bowers.
- Santa Cruz: Independence Day Celebration on Seabright State Beach. Seabright State beach is located on East Cliff Dr. and Seabright Ave. in Santa Cruz, California. Anonymous citizens spare no cost to set of spectacular fireworks near Seabright State Beach.
Redwood City and Half Moon Bay Cancel Fireworks to Save Money
Citing tough economic times, Redwood City on the Peninsula and Half Moon Bay on the coast decided to cancel their firework shows for a savings of about $40,000 each. They’ll still hold other holiday events including parades.